Take-off Mechanism in Beetle Flight Revealed by 3D Photogrammetric Reconstruction
(1)Willmott, A. and Ellington, C., 1997, "The mechanics of flight in the hawkmoth Manduca sexta. I. Kinematics of hovering and forward flight," J Exp Biol., vol. 200, pp.2705-2722.
(2)Hedrick, T. L. and Daniel, T. L., 2006," Flight control in the hawkmoth Manduca sexta: the inverse problem of hovering," J Exp Biol ., vol. 209, pp.3114-3130.
(3)Fry, S. N., Sayaman, R. and Dickinson, M. H., 2003," The Aerodynamics of Free-Flight Maneuvers in Drosophila," Science ., vol. 300, pp.495-498.
(4)Wang, H., Zeng, L., Liu, H. and Yin, C., 2003," Measuring wing kinematics, flight trajectory and body attitude during forward flight and turning maneuvers in dragonflies," J Exp Bio., vol. 206,pp. 745-757.
(5) Earls, K., 2000, "Kinematics and mechanics of ground take-off in the starling Sturnis vulgaris and the quail Coturnix coturnix," J Exp Biol., vol 203,pp. 725-739.
(6) Burrows, M. ,2009," Jumping strategies and performance in shore bugs (Hemiptera, Heteroptera, Saldidae)", J Exp Biol ., vol. 212, pp.106-115.
(7) Burrows, M. ,2007, "Kinematics of jumping in leafhopper insects (Hemiptera, Auchenorrhyncha, Cicadellidae)," J Exp Biol ., vol. 210,pp. 3579-3589.
(8) Card, G. and Dickinson, M., 2008 ", Performance tradeoffs in the flight initiation of Drosophila," J Exp Biol., vol. 211, pp. 341-353.
(9)Hiroto, T. and Isao, S. ,2010", Forward flight of swallowtail butterfly with simple flapping motion," J Bioinspiration & Biomimetics., vol.5, pp. 026003.
(10) Yang, L.-J., Hsu, C.-K., Ho, J.-Y. and Feng, C.-K., 2007", Flapping wings with PVDF sensors to modify the aerodynamic forces of a micro aerial vehicle," Sensors and Actuators A: Physical ., vol. 39,pp. 95-103.
(11)Park, J. H. and Yoon, K.-J. ,2008", Designing a Biomimetic Ornithopter Capable of Sustained and Controlled Flight," Journal of Bionic Engineering., vol. 5, pp. 39-47.
(12 Pornsin-sirirak, T. N., Tai, Y. C., Nassef, H. and Ho, C. M. 2001", Titanium-alloy MEMS wing technology for a micro aerial vehicle application," Sensors and Actuators A: Physical ., vol. 89, pp. 95-103.
(13)Tobalske, B. W., Altshuler, D. L. and Powers, D. R. 2004", Take-off mechanics in hummingbirds (Trochilidae)," J Exp Biol., vol 207, pp. 1345-1352.
(14)El Jundi, B., Huetteroth, W., Kurylas, A. E. and Schachtner, J., 2009," Anisometric brain dimorphism revisited: Implementation of a volumetric 3D standard brain in Manduca sexta," J Comparative Neurology ., vol. 517,pp. 210-225.
(15) Frantsevich, L., Dai, Z., Wang, W. Y. and Zhang, Y. 2005", Geometry of elytra opening and closing in some beetles (Coleoptera, Polyphaga)," J Exp Biol., vol. 208, pp. 3145-3158.
(16) Hatze, H. 1988 ", High-precision three-dimensional photogrammetric calibration and object space reconstruction using a modified DLT-approach , " Journal of Biomechanics., vol. 21,pp. 533-538.
Tyson, L. H., 2008 ", Software techniques for two- and three-dimensional kinematic measurements of biological and biomimetic systems., " J Bioinspiration & Biomimetics., vol. 3, pp. 034001.
- There are currently no refbacks.